Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 Adult Registration / Safe Soccer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Marlboro Youth Soccer. As a volunteer, you will be required to adhere to the following items. For any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our Compliance Coordinator, Brian Dupont, at
Marlboro Youth Soccer and MA Youth Soccer believe there is nothing is more important than the safety of our children. We greatly appreciate the roles that our coaches, referees and volunteers play in offering youth athletes from all backgrounds the opportunity to play soccer. An integral part of these roles is taking steps to ensure the safety of the participants.
For the Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 Soccer Registration Year, adults must register with Marlboro Youth Soccer in the MA Youth Soccer’s U.S. Soccer Connect system from Stack Sports. By completing an Adult Registration, you are agreeing to and providing MA Youth Soccer Association with the information needed to run the required background checks and searches noted below.
Please read all the information below and the “How to Complete Your Adult Registration” Help Guide (link below) prior to starting the registration process.
Registration is the first step towards completing Marlboro Youth Soccer’s Risk Management requirements, and adult members must be marked as approved in all areas prior to your MA Youth Soccer Adult Credential being printed. No one will be permitted to participate in any Marlboro Youth Soccer sanctioned activities without having the required Adult Credential.
Please allow sufficient time for completing these Risk Management requirements for Adult Registration Approval:
- Register with US Soccer Connect to trigger the two key background checks:
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Check – every three years
- National Background Check (NBG), including National and State Sex Offender Registry (SORI) Searches – every three years
- Take the Abuse Prevention Education and Training (SafeSport) Training
- The Initial SafeSport Course will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
- In subsequent years, each adult will be required to complete a 30-minute Annual Refresher Course for as long as the adult participates.
- Take the Concussion Training (CDC HEADS UP)
Additionally, these Safety Policies, found on the Mass Youth Soccer website within the MA SAFE SOCCER tab (http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/required-policies/), must be reviewed by ALL adult participants:
- Mass Youth Soccer Athlete and Participant Safety Policy – Known as Mass Safe Soccer includes Abuse Prevention mandatory reporting information.
- Weather Policy
- Goal Safety Policy
- US Soccer Recognize to Recover
Step-by-step Instructions for completing these requirements can be found in the Marlboro Youth Soccer Adult Registration Guide. Click the link below if you’re ready to begin… and thanks for doing your part to provide a playing environment that is healthy, non-threatening, and free from emotional, physical, or sexual abuse!
CLICK HERE --> Marlboro Youth Soccer – How to Complete Your Adult Registration Help Guide
While the transition to this new system is ongoing, the respective websites are having load issues. In light of these technical challenges, the following adjustments have been made for the start of the Fall, 2019 season:
- All coaches must complete all 5 items above and then wait for thier 2019-2020 credentials
- If you coached last year and have a 2018-2019 lanyard, please use that until your new credentials are processed.
- If you need a replacement credential, please contact Brian Dupont, at
- If you are a new Coach, this season, you must follow these steps:
- Completed their Adult Registration as noted above
- Have an uploaded photo that meets specifications
- Have their Background Check status show a green dot
- Have an email from Marlboro Compliance (Brian Dupont) to your Division Director, stating you are clear.
- Brian will arrange a credential of sorts for the season, once decided by BAYS.